Sunday, August 2, 2009

July 31, 2009
















Hey all today we went to Haddon Hall and Chatsworth House. It was a pretty long day. Haddon Hall is basically in the middle of nowhere but it's really beautiful. It kind of looks like a castle and it's one of the most meidevil structures that we have been to on the trip. I thought it was interesting to see something so old and the inside of it was interesting to see the kitchen and the living quarters. Thank god I was born when I was because I don't think I could live like that. It had beautiful gardens outside and a river that ran in front of it...very peaceful. After that it was on to Chatsworth House which was by far the coolest house that we have been to in my opinion. Everyone in our group was excited again because it is where they filmed Pride and Prejudice and the Duchess. This time the gardens were much different instead of being perfectly groomed it was like taking a hike through Oregon or Washington. Everything was so green and picturesque. I loved just getting lost, I took off by myself and eventually found Darrin, Carolyn, Terri, and Susie we then set out trying to find some tree that Kiera Knightly sat on during Pride and Prejudice I think we may have found it but maybe we didn't, perhaps it doesn't exist. I didn't want to say that though because it might crush their fantasies. I bought a new book called Elephants on Acid and it's about all these different science experiments that you wouldn't think about that were conducted and it talks about their outcome. I have not read a book for a long time so I was excited that I couldn't put this one down. I'll have to let you know how it ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment