Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August 4, 2009
















Today was our last group day and tour for that matter. We went to Buckingham Palace and did an audio tour. It was really pretty I was kind of hoping that I would see the Queen so I could say "Oh hey girl, what is up my sister?" But no such luck. Probably better that we didn't she would have most likely had me shanked for disrespecting her...oh well. Anyway the tour was really informative and the Palace was pretty much like every other palace that we have been too. So after the tour I went to the cafe just outside of the palace and sat down and had a cheese straw, lemon poppyseed muffin, and a cappuccino. It was delicious. Too bad the weather was not cooperating and it was raining again. Anyway after that we tried to get back to our flat and we couldn't because the Victoria line station was closed because somebody jumped in front of the train. So we took a bus to Westminster and found the underground and came back to our flat. I want to go out for a little while tonight because it is our last night. Erika is goin to dinner with her mother's boyfriends daughter Karina and they are going to some really nice restaurant and it's cool because they have never met each other before. I'm sure she will have a good time. I think i'm just going to go out and have a few drinks and maybe do some last minute shopping. As for right now I am getting ready to get all of my stuff packed so that tomorrow at 5 am when we leave maybe it won't be quite so hectic. I'm kind of sad to leave London and Europe for that matter it has been such a fun adventure but I guess all things must come to an end. Everyone else said that they are so excited to go back to Logan, and I guess I just don't see the value in that other than that I miss my family and friends. Who knows maybe someday I will find myself living in a place like Rome, Florence, Venice, Paris, Amsterdam, or London. I'm not sure where or when but I do hope one thing...that i'm as happy as I have been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment